Thursday 24 December 2015

Ras Kimono denies collecting money from Okowa

Ras Kimono

Months after touring the nooks and crannies of Delta State in support of Peoples Democratic Party,PDP, candidates for the April 2015 general elections, reggae legend, Ras Kimono has refuted the allegation that he was paid handsomely to perform at the campaign venues.

Kimono who was reacting to a story published by some online newspapers that he, alongside other musicians including Orits Willik, Stella Monye, Righteousman were well settled told newsmen in Lagos, after performing at Ndudi Elumelu’s companies’ end of the year party that he did what he did for PDP because of its governorship candidate, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa.

“I did what I did because of Okowa whom, I believe was the right man for the job then… I did what I did because I believed that it was the turn of Delta North to produce the governor of Delta State and since Okowa is from Delta North, I had no option but to support PDP and its candidate then. So, it is absolutely malicious for anybody to allege that I was compensated financially for doing that.

I challenge anybody to show proof of how I was paid. Was it in naira or dollar. Let them show it the way they are showing documents of how Dasuki shared money for PDP bigwigs,” he said.

Though, he said he has no regret campaigning for Okowa and PDP in April, he however, wondered if he would readily pass that route again if the situation presents itself.

The reggae legend expressed disappointment that during the inauguration of Okowa as governor, none of the musicians that were on the campaign entourage was invited to witness the ceremony.

According to him, “Instead Dr. Festus Okubor, who was one of the campaign committee arrowheads told us that the governor said he wanted gospel musicians who incidentally, never participated in the campaign.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment